Details: Indie Exclusive Pink Vinyl. Musician, writer and Renaissance man Baxter Dury returns with his seventh studio album, I Thought I Was Better Than You, and with this new era comes a new character. "Faux-confrontational," Baxter calls him. Here, not only is he recounting his childhood, but he's also reckoning with it. Instead of just swinging at his past blindfolded with a baseball bat, he talks openly about the toxic cocktail of being born into unfortunately fortunate circumstances, with a persuasive surname but no structure or sense of responsibility with which to reap the rewards of it. "Really, it's about being trapped in an awkward place between something you're actually quite good at, and somebody else's success." That 'somebody else' being his dad, Ian Dury. As "Shadow", one of the album centerpieces agonizingly puts it: "But no one will get over that you're someone's son/Even though you want to be like Frank Ocean/But you don't sound like him, you sound just like Ian." The album was produced by Paul White, celebrated for his work in Golden Rules and with the likes of Charli XCX and Danny Brown, and features hotly-tipped new singer-songwriters Eska and JGrrey feature in addition to Baxter's regular vocalist Madeline Hart.
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.
Freddie Gibbs - $oul $old $...