Details: Waxwork Records in partnership with Back Lot Music is thrilled to release COCAINE BEAR Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Music by Mark Mothersbaugh!
Directed by Elizabeth Banks and inspired by the 1985 true story of a drug runner's plane crash, missing cocaine, and the black bear that ate it, this wild dark comedy finds an oddball group of cops, criminals, tourists and teens converging in a Georgia forest where a 500- pound apex predator has ingested a staggering amount of cocaine and gone on a coke-fueled rampage for more blow … and blood.
About the composer:
Mark Mothersbaugh is a Grammy, BAFTA, and Emmy nominated composer, producer, designer, and visual artist whose work has become part of the pop culture consciousness. He started his career as co-creator and front man for the seminal New Wave band DEVO. Their Brian Eno/David Bowie-produced debut album “Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo” was certified Gold before their hit album “Freedom of Choice” went Platinum.
For Cocaine Bear, Mothersbaugh wanted a score that reflected and captured the culture of the ’80s, with a personality that evolved as the decade’s music evolved. “At the beginning of the film, it starts out very pop,” Mothersbaugh says. “But as it goes through it, it gets heavier. The guitars change up from being acoustic and lighter to being distorted and more aggressive and there are synths throughout that provide a pulse that keeps things moving.”
To make it as authentic as possible, Mothersbaugh used the instruments that created some of the most distinctive and memorable sounds of the ’80s music scene. “Once we decided we were going to let it soak a bit in an ’80s sound, I went to the warehouse where I store equipment and my old Devo road cases full of synths,” Mothersbaugh says. “I pulled out old synths that we used on albums in the ’80s and used the same synths and a lot of the same amps and foot pedals.”
- The Complete Score by Composer Mark Mothersbaugh
- 180 Gram Cocaine and Crystal Clear Colored Vinyl
- Heavyweight Gatefold Jackets
- Design and Layout by Matt Needle
- 12"x12" Insert
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.
Yellowcard - Southern Air (...