Details: In 2000, Aesop Rock released his first official album, Float, following his steady ascent in the underground from two previous releases, the collection of works CD of lore, Music For Earthworms (1997), and the Appleseed EP (1999). And, while every album Aesop has done since then has captured his continual evolution as both a producer and a writer, Float was undeniably exceptional in it's own right. For one, there was something impacting about a full-length album, 20 tracks deep, that never had any singles. Every track only existed as part of the album experience. That in mind, the album's production is split nearly in half between Aesop Rock and longtime collaborator and good friend, Blockhead, as well as one offering from Omega One, the Reggae-vibed "Skip Town". The album's production largely seems to have one collective goal, to immediately capture the intended mood, luring the listener in and leaving them attentive and prepared for the carefully crafted accompanying lyricism. Lyrics in mind, Aesop Rock is clearly the star of the record, but the few guest appearances, strategically spread throughout the album, are either the result of great foresight or unavoidable synergy-perhaps both-as Slug (of Atmosphere), Vast Aire (of Cannibal Ox), and Dose One were all right in the midst, or directly on the verge, of breakthrough career moments of their own around the same time they were featured on Float. As for Aesop, the album finds him diving deep into his intricate, visually descriptive and emotionally riveting writing style, which has only gotten more vigorous and diverse over time. His delivery feels settled into the hints of urgency, as if he is well aware that the journey and challenges, as well as triumphs, that he shall face are arduous and plentiful. Twenty years after it's debut, Float is a time capsule of an artist on the brink of fully tapping into creative freedom, while the industry was simultaneously in the middle of a notable shift, which still remains a powerful statement on it's own, decades later. To celebrate, Rhymesayers is re-releasing Float on 2xLP vinyl, available in three different, limited edition colorways!
- Commencement at the Obedience Academy
- Big Bang
- I'll Be Ok Feat. Slug
- Breakfast with Blockhead
- Basic Cable
- Skip Town
- 6B Panorama
- Lunch with Blockhead
- Spare a Match
- Attention Span Feat. Vast Aire
- How to Be a Carpenter
- No Splash
- Drawbridge Feat. Doseone
- Dinner with Blockhead
- The Mayor and the Crook
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.