Details: Initially released in 2012, Aesop Rock's sixth studio album Skelethon marked a significant moment in the rapper's career. It had been 5 years since his previous effort None Shall Pass was released, and his former label had been shuttered. Entirely self-produced, Skelethon became his first solo release on Rhymesayers Entertainment.
The album's title, a portmanteau of "skeleton" and "telethon," was a metaphor for what felt like a long period of adversity for Aesop. Throughout the album's 15 tracks, he meticulously exhumes and examines these skeletons, exploring everything from death to distrust, insecurity and isolation, with moments of humor and hope scattered throughout. Upon release, Skelethon was praised for it's intricate storytelling that expertly balanced abstract imagery with concrete details, and it's immersive production incorporating sample-based beats with dusty pianos, distorted guitars, and psychedelic synths. To this day, the album remains a fan favorite and a critical darling, praised for it's poignant introspection and razor-sharp wordplay. In celebration of it's 10th anniversary, a limited edition 3xLP vinyl package includes a gatefold jacket with revised art layouts, printed sleeves, inserts with full lyrics, two cream & black marble-colored vinyl, and a UV printed ultra-clear bonus disc vinyl with four exclusive bonus tracks.
1 LP1: Leisureforce
2 ZZZ Top
3 Cycles to Gehenna
4 Zero Dark Thirty
6 Ruby '81
7 Crows 1
8 Crows 2 LP2: Racing Stripes
9 1,000 O'Clock
10 Homemade Mummy
12 Saturn Missiles
14 Gopher Guts LP3: Dokken Rules (Feat. Rob Sonic) [Bonus Track]
15 BMX (Feat. Blueprint & Rob Sonic) [Bonus Track]
16 Zero Dark Thirty (Blockhead Remix)
17 Cycles to Gehenna (Zavala Remix)
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.