Details: Limited yellow colored vinyl LP pressing. Includes digital download. On The Beths' 2022 album Expert In A Dying Field, Elizabeth Stokes' songwriting positions her somewhere between being a novelist and a documentarian. The songs collected here are autobiographical, but they're also character sketches of relationships and more importantly, their aftermaths. The question that hangs in the air: what do you do with how intimately versed you've become in a person, once they're gone from your life? The third LP from the New Zealand quartet houses 12 jewels of tight, guitar-heavy songs that worm their way into your head, an incandescent collision of power-pop and skuzz. The album's title track "Expert In A Dying Field" introduces the thesis for the record: "How does it feel to be an expert in a dying field? How do you know it's over when you can't let go?" Stokes asks. "Love is learned over time 'til you're an expert in a dying field."
- Expert in a Dying Field
- Knees Deep
- Silence Is Golden
- Your Side
- I Want to Listen
- Head in the Clouds
- Best Left
- Change in the Weather
- When You Know You Know
- A Passing Rain
- I Told You That I Was Afraid
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.