Details: Vinyl LP repressing. BLIND MELON was the eponymous debut album by acclaimed rock band Blind Melon, released in 1992, featuring breakthrough single 'No Rain'. Fronted by singer Shannon Hoon (who can be heard doing backing vocals on Guns N Roses' Use Your Illusion I and II) Blind Melon had a distinctive sound, influenced by Southern Rock and Psychedelic Rock. Songs like 'Soak the Sin' and 'Tones of Home' evoke Hard Rock with a funky sound; 'Time' resembles Grateful Dead-style improvisational music and acoustic songs like 'Change' and 'No Rain' hinted at Pop and Folk influences. The band recorded the bulk of the album with producer Rick Parashar (who had produced Pearl Jam's 'Ten') at London Bridge Studio in Seattle, Washington. Blind Melon's production is marked by the use of outdated amplifiers and other antiquated studio technology. Modern studio effects were not used in it's production as the band wanted to create a pure and intimate sounding record.
- Soak the Sin
- Tones of Home
- I Wonder
- Paper Scratcher
- Dear Ol' Dad
- No Rain
- Seed to a Tree
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.