Details: It's been four years since Cherry Glazerr released their resplendent third album Stuffed and Ready, but Clementine Creevy has been in no rush. "I've spent these years taking a hard look at myself, at my relationships, and writing about it," she says. "I guess I'm coming to terms with a lot of my bullshit." Cherry Glazerr has been on the road more often than not since Creevy was still in high school, and when the pandemic hit, she immersed herself in a static existence she'd been deprived of. Creevy describes Cherry Glazerr's ambitious new album, I Don't Want You Anymore, as some of her most personal, raw music to date, a collection of songs that elaborate on this period of self-reckoning. It's the first she's produced since Cherry Glazerr's garage rock debut, Haxel Princess, released nearly a decade ago when Creevy was a teenager. Creevy describes I Don't Want You Anymore as a "mature" album, moreso in reference to her personal growth than a reflection of the record, which in true Cherry Glazerr fashion is best described as Extremely Fun. To make it, Creevy linked up with producer Yves Rothman, who's best known for his work with Yves Tumor. Lead single "Soft Like a Flower" exemplifies that growth. A murky guitar riff inaugurates the track, before Creevy's unguarded vocals enter the mix. She sings of a consuming obsession and is joined on the chorus by longtime bandmate Sami Perez. It's proudly emotive, what Creevy calls an "Evanescence moment." "It's a real 'losing your fucking shit' kind've vibe," she says. "I wanted this album to be just heart and soul. Completely exposed." I Don't Want You Anymore uses the element of surprise to it's advantage; each track is a radical reimagination of what Cherry Glazerr is and can be. "Bad Habit" opens with a spiraling vocal loop that Creevy began recording at home and it expands into a delirious downtempo dance track without ever invoking a guitar. The subsequent track, "Ready for You" is sung in funky staccato and the initially spare bassline on the opening verse is eventually overtaken by a massive, staticky guitar riff that reminds you this is, at it's heart, a rock album. These are songs to soundtrack the listener's life, a score to suit any occasion. The titular track makes a promise to an unnamed other, but the repeating lyrics on the bridge could just as easily serve as a love letter to listeners: "In the end, you're always holding me."
- Addicted to Your Love
- Bad Habit
- Ready for You
- Touched You with My Chaos
- Soft Like a Flower
- Wild Times
- Eat You Like a Pill
- I Don't Want You Anymore
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.