Details: 180-gram vinyl. Recordings for Are You Experienced had begun in late October 1966, producing a string of singles preceding the illustrious first album by the world's most famous guitarist. While recording, the future working relationship between engineer Eddie Kramer and Hendrix was forged. The debut album by The Jimi Hendrix Experience was initially issued in mono and then 'enhanced stereo' on later issues. The UK cover photography was by Bruce Flemming. Releases in Europe had the words "Jimi Hendrix" placed above the title. These later issues were 'enhanced stereo', with tracks listed on the back. The USA & Canadian issues were released after the band appeared at the Monterey Pop Festival in June 1967, along with The Who. It's art was directed by Ed Thrasher, using a Karl Ferris infra-red fish-eye photo. There is a key difference to the tracks on this album, with some removed and replaced by the earlier singles, plus a change to the running order. The spelling "Foxey Lady" appears in some of these issues, and has been adopted for the Music On Vinyl mono reissue.
- Purple Haze 2:50
- Manic Depression 3:43
- Hey Joe 3:30
- Love or Confusion 3:12
- May This Be Love 3:12
- I Don't Live Today 3:54
- The Wind Cries Mary 3:21
- Fire 2:43
- Third Stone from the Sun 6:44
- Foxey Lady 3:18
- Are You Experienced 4:16
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.