Details: Julee Cruise's 1989 album Floating Into the Night is a hauntingly beautiful, critically ac- claimed work that showcases her unique vocal style and the atmospheric, dreamlike music of composer Angelo Badalamenti. The album was produced by Badalamenti and David Lynch, who had previously worked together on the soundtrack for Lynch's film Blue Velvet. Today in the wake of both Julee Cruise and Angelo Badalamenti's passing it's important to honor their musical legacy and contribution to both the sonic and cinematic landscapes.The album is widely regarded as a masterpiece, a definitive moment in the development of the Dream Pop genre, and the unofficial soundtrack to the cult classic television show Twin Peaks. And while the album's best known song may be the show's iconic theme song "Falling," it also contains many of Cruise's most beloved hits including "Rockin' Back Inside My Heart" and "The Nightingale."Each of the album's 10 tracks showcase Cruise's ethereal vocals, which have often been described as "angelic" and "otherworldly," gliding over Badalamenti's lush, cinematic arrangements, perfectly complementing his combination of retro styles and modern ambience. Her lyrics often touch on themes of love, longing, and loss, adding an emotional depth to the already evocative music.Floating Into the Night was a critical and commercial success, receiving widespread praise for it's innovative sound and moody, atmospheric vibe. It remains a beloved classic of the dream pop and indie rock genres, and a must-listen for fans of Lynch's cinematic work and experimental music in general.This magical genre defining and era defying opus has continued throughout time to enchant new audiences and reveal new layers of cultural significance. The music's juxtaposition between soothing and somber, which have always paired particularly well with Lynch's psychedelically saccharine worlds filled with underbellies of vast darkness, perfectly straddles the razors edge of humanity, an edge that has become increasingly precarious in modern times. The album is at once a gorgeous romantic narcotic and a bottomless container for fear and sadness.
- I Remember
- Rockin' Back Inside My Heart
- Mysteries of Love
- Into the Night
- I Float Alone
- The Nightingale
- The Swan
- The World Spins
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.