Details: Vinyl LP pressing. Digitally remastered edition of this 1972 release. Transformer is the second solo studio album by Lou Reed. Produced by David Bowie and arranged by Mick Ronson, the album was released in November 1972 by RCA Records. Bowie had been an early fan of the Velvet Underground, and used his own fame to promote Reed, then a cult favorite who had not yet achieved mainstream success, and had seen his self-titled solo debut album released a year earlier fall into obscurity. Transformer is one of Reed's strongest and consistent solo albums, and contains the songs "Satellite of Love", "Perfect Day" and "Walk on the Wild Side". As with it's predecessor Lou Reed, Transformer contains songs Reed composed while in the Velvet Underground (here, four out of ten). As in Reed's Velvet Underground days, the Andy Warhol connection remained strong. According to Reed, Warhol told him he should write a song about someone vicious. When Reed asked what he meant by vicious, Warhol replied, "Oh, you know, like I hit you with a flower", resulting in the song "Vicious".
- Vicious 2:55
- Andy's Chest 3:17
- Perfect Day 3:43
- Hangin' Round 3:39
- Walk on the Wild Side 4:12
- Make Up 2:58
- Satellite of Love 3:40
- Wagon Wheel 3:19
- New York Telephone Conversation 1:31
- I'm So Free 3:07
- Goodnight Ladies 4:19
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.