Details: As Milky Chance prepare to share the idiosyncratic and inventive alt-pop songs that populate their new album Living In A Haze, they proudly boast over 10 million monthly Spotify listeners, an enviable touring resume (including stops at Coachella and Lollapalooza), and an upcoming schedule of world-trotting 2023 dates featuring the biggest shows of their career. Over the past decade, they've proven themselves to be, in their own low-key way, one of the biggest bands in the world. Their runaway hit debut "Stolen Dance" - which recently surpassed over 1 billion streams on Spotify - gifted Rehbein and Dausch with a platform far beyond what the duo could have imagined. They capitalized on that momentum with their 2014 debut Sadnecessary, which broke them as a global streaming and touring act, and followed that up with 2017's Blossom and 2019's Mind The Moon, which found them taking advantage of new resources to collaborate with heroes like Jack Johnson and Ladysmith Black Mambazo. On their independent debut Living In A Haze, Milky Chance thrive on writing the tightest, most groove-forward alt-pop songs imaginable - and then going back and distorting each sound into it's wildest iteration. Recorded at Jazzanova Recording Studios in Berlin with production help from DECCO, Jonas Holle, Tobias Kuhn, and Dennis Neuer as well as guest appearances from Fatoumata Diawara and Charlotte Cardin, Living In A Haze applies the band's endless musical curiosity to the propulsive logic of the best club music while delivering masterful songcraft. There are sublime moments throughout: Album opener and lead single "Living In A Haze" is an economical haymaker of a track that unfolds with an enigmatic logic, going from elegiac triplet guitar figure to a tight, post-Strokes rhythmic feel that provides the ideal musical metaphor to accompany Rehbein's dreamy delivery. Afrobeat rhythms power both "Flicker In The Dark" and "Feeling For You" - on the first providing a canvas on which to liberally splatter earthy acoustic textures and a cartoonishly colorful guitar solo, on the second lending a swiveling counterpoint to a narcotized vocal. And on "History Of Yesterday," Milky Chance marry a UKG shuffle with sunny atmospherics and cascades of reverberating piano to propel the band's breeziest chorus to date. Living In A Haze vibrates with possibility and passion - it's a thrilling juncture for band as they look forward to a heavy touring schedule in 2023 and beyond.
3 Purple Tiger
5 Favorite Song
7 Better Off
8 Flicker in the Dark
9 Like a Clown
10 Feeling for You
11 History of Yesterday
12 Frequency of Love
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.