Edition: Yellow / Silver Colored Vinyl
Publisher: New West Records
Details: Produced by Lane and fellow singer-songwriter Jonathan Tyler, and recorded in Denton, Texas and Nashville, Tennessee, Highway Queen is an emotional tour-de-force. Blending potent lyrics, unbridled blues guitars and vintage Sixties country-pop swagger, Lane's new music will resonate as easily with Black Keys and Lana Del Rey fans as those of Neil Young and Tom Petty. Highway Queen starts with the whiskey-soaked restlessness of "700,000 Rednecks," a rowdy call to action, and ends on the profoundly raw "Forever Lasts Forever," where Lane belts freely, mourning a failed marriage - the "lighter shade of skin" left behind from her wedding ring. Lane's journey to heartbreak takes exquisite turns. "Companion" is pure Everly Brothers' dreaminess ("I would spend a lifetime/ Playing catch you if I can"). Elsewhere, she goes on a Vegas bender on the rollicking "Jackpot," fights last-call blues ("Foolish Heart") and tosses off brazen one-liners at a backroom piano ("Big Mouth"). Lane, a Greenville, South Carolina native, is unique songwriter who didn't take the traditional country artist path. Her backwoods roots are undercut by her chosen career as a fashion entrepreneur (she's the owner of vintage clothing boutique High Class Hillbilly) who has lived - and been heartbroken in - Los Angeles, New York and Nashville. So it's no surprise that her music seamlessly crosses musical genres with lyrics steeped in the doomed perseverance only a true dark horse romantic knows. Lane's rapid rise in music is thanks to the fervent critical acclaim of her debut record Walk of Shame and 2014's Dan Auerbach-produced All or Nothin'. With Highway Queen, 2017 is poised to be Lane's major mainstream breakthrough. "I want to be the highway queen," Lane told Rolling Stone in 2015. "I'm obsessed with trucks, just like every other fucking country singer. But I want to make my own," she said banging her fists on the table of a chic East Nashville cafe. So as she sings on the title track: place your bets, if you ain't folding.
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.