Details: Lovesexy was not the album that the music industry was expecting Prince to release in 1988. In what Jon Pareles of The New York Times described as "one of the most enjoyable and peculiar moves of the 1980s," Prince announced that he would follow up the critically revered Sign o' the Times with The Black Album, a raw collection of hard-rocking, funky dance music. But then, a mere week before it's scheduled release, he scrapped his plans and demanded that Warner Bros. Destroy all copies of the album. Only one of the songs from that album, "When 2 R in Love," would be saved from the cutting room floor, and within seven weeks Prince had recorded an all-new collection of songs to join it on the album Lovesexy. Lovesexy was a brighter, lighter, and more melodic release, inspired by the more spiritual direction that Prince's music had started to take in the second half of the decade. "We need love and honesty, peace and harmony, positivity," he sings in the album's closing track, echoing the sentiment that courses throughout the album: after confronting society's deepest troubles in his earlier political work, Lovesexy sought to unite and uplift. In Prince's words, Lovesexy was his gospel album. Single LP on black vinyl.
- Eye No
- Alphabet St
- Glam Slam
- Anna Stesia
- Dance on
- When 2 R in Love
- I Wish U Heaven
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.