Edition: Limited Edition
Publisher: Warner Records
Details: After two UK #1 albums, 2 million album sales and an array of international acclaim, you might've thought you knew what to expect from Royal Blood. Those preconceptions were shattered when they released 'Trouble's Coming' last summer. Hitting a melting pot of fiery rock riffs and danceable beats, they delivered something fresh, unexpected and yet entirely in tune with what they'd forged their reputation with. When Mike Kerr and Ben Thatcher sat down to talk about making a new album, they knew what they wanted to achieve. It involved a conscious return to their roots, back when they had made music that was influenced by Daft Punk, Justice, and Philippe Zdar of Cassius. It also called for a similar back-to-basics approach to what had made their self-titled debut album so thrilling, visceral and original. Those traits pulsate throughout the new single and title track. Kerr's spiralling bass riff casts an hypnotic allure as it grows in intensity, while his vocals switch at will between a raw rock roar and a soulful falsetto. It's underpinned by Thatcher's thundering beats, his taut rhythms infused with groove-laden hi-hats. After setting the tone with 'Trouble's Coming', the album opens in breathless, take-no-prisoners style with the fierce metallic grooves of 'Who Needs Friends' hitting an early visceral peak. Royal Blood further reference their fresh array of influences by deploying vocodered vocals on 'Million & One' before dynamically switching between the biggest contrasts of their sound with 'Limbo'. Already a fan favourite having been a regular during the duo's 2019 shows, 'Boilermaker' lives up to it's reputation and is more than matched by 'Mad Visions', which evokes a hyper-aggressive Prince. It ends with a final surprise in the shape of the stark piano ballad 'All We Have Is Now', a vulnerable and revealing reminder to live in the moment. This new approach manifested itself in the duo's decision to produce the majority of 'Typhoons' themselves. 'Boilermaker' was produced by Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme, the two bands having first connected when Royal Blood supported them on a huge North American tour. Meanwhile, the multiple Grammy Award winner Paul Epworth produced 'Who Needs Friends' and contributed additional production to 'Trouble's Coming'.
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.