Multi-platinum rock band Shinedown have released their lead single “Planet Zero,” the title track from their newly announced seventh studio album out April 22 on Atlantic Records. Planet Zero serves up an incisive look at the issues at hand: cancel culture run rampant, the corrosive effects of social media on mental health and society, and the increasingly toxic division among those of differing ideologies. Featuring Shinedown’s explosive yet artfully crafted sound andurgentlyrics, single“Planet Zero”rings the alarm on a dystopian warning of the dangerous consequences to come when it all goes too far, and we begin to lose our respect for those with differing opinions and our compassion for one another.
Says Brent, “If we shut each other down and allow ourselves to be divided by the information we consume and the way we talk to each other, we lose our humanity. When you look outside of your phone, you’ll see there are so many people doing good things and trying to take care of each other. But we’re starting to see parts of society slip into an unknown. Planet Zero was written for all of us. The fact is that we’re all here on this planet no matter what, so it’s time to actually move forward together with empathy, perseverance and strength. With that said….welcome to PLANET ZERO.”
Over the last two decades,Shinedownhave cemented their status as one of the most vital and forward-thinking powerhouses in modern rock.Theirmost ambitious and masterfully realized work to date,Planet Zerois a high-concept,ultra-vivid, viscerally chargedsaga. A critical yet optimistic look at the fractures and frays of a society that has undergone many challenges in the last few years, the album is partsocial commentaryand part in-depthexploration of the human psyche. Produced by Shinedown’s Eric Bass (who also produced the band’s 2018 acclaimed album ATTENTION ATTENTION,)and recorded atBass’ newly built Big Animal Studio in South Carolina,Planet Zeromatchesitsimmersiveworld-building and takedown of authoritarianismwithadeliberately unvarnished sound, and the album is spliced with interludesfeaturing Cyren, an insidious and unsettlingrobot character that appears throughout the Planet Zero journey. While a raw ferocity fuels much of Planet Zero on tracks like “The Saints of Violence and Innuendo,” “No Sleep Tonight,” and “America Burning,” there is also hope, triumph, and reminders that we all need one another on songs like “Daylight,” “Dysfunctional You,” and “A Symptom of Being Human.” After all, it is the band’simpassioned striving for unitythathas long been at the heart of their creative output and deeply informed the making ofPlanet Zero.Not only a driving force for their songwriting,theirhumanitarianoutlookled Shinedown to be one of the first artists to fundraise for non-profit humanitarian aid organizationDirect Reliefin the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, raising more than $400,000 with their “Atlas Falls” relief effort.
SHINEDOWN / PLANET ZERO
- No Sleep Tonight
- Planet Zero
- Dysfunctional You
- Dead Don't Die
- Standardized Experiences
- America Burning
- Do Not Panic
- A Symptom of Being Human
- A More Utopian Future
- Clueless and Dramatic
- Sure Is Fun
- This Is a Warning
- The Saints of Violence and Innuendo
- Army of the Underappreciated
- What You Wanted
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.