Details: Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing. Raw and imagined, effortless and insightful, Shovel & Rope's panoramic songwriting and raucous performances drive the newest release O' Be Joyful. Recorded in the twosome's house, backyard and van, as well as various motel rooms across America, the 11-song set offers a compelling encapsulation of Hearst and Trent's unique approach, channeling their creative chemistry. The band recorded much of O' Be Joyful at home in 2011 during the rare downtime between touring jaunts. Additional tracking took place during their travels. While Cary Ann Hearst and Michael Trent are both songwriters individually, O' Be Joyful finds them still discovering new strengths as a collaborative unit. "The songs on this album," Michael points out, "are the most we've ever written together. Many of them were birthed on the road. One of us would come up with a verse and say, 'I'm gonna drive for awhile, why don't you try to put a chorus on this?' And then we'd switch... kind of like our shows."
- O' Be Joyful
- Hail Hail
- Lay Low
- Kemba's Got the Cabbage Moth Blues
- Tickin' Bomb
- Shank Hill St
- This Means War
- Birmingham (Live)
- Keeper (Live)
- O' Be Joyful (Live)
- Hail Hail (Live)
- Lay Low (Live)
- Kemba's Got the Cabbage Moth Blues (Live)
- Tickin' Bomb (Live)
- Carnival (Live)
- Shank Hill St. (Live)
- Cavalier (Live)
- This Means War (Live)
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.