Details: Black. ANTI- Records is honored to share a never-before-heard album by Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse titled 'Bird Machine.' Originally recorded in 2010 and mixed by Mark Hamilton (who also worked on 'It's A Wonderful Life'), Mark's brother Matt notes "great care has been taken to archive and preserve Mark's music. We are very thankful for Mark and the beauty he brought to this world."Sparklehorse was an American indie rock band formed by singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Mark Linkous in the mid-1990s. Born on September 9, 1962, in Arlington, Virginia, Linkous began playing music as a teenager.Described as an artist who "compelled listeners to heed the beauty of darkness" by Pitchfork, Sparklehorse released many influential records, including the renowned albums 'Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot' and 'Good Morning Spider' in the '90s, 'It's A Wonderful Life' and 'Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain' in the early aughts, and a collaborative album 'Dark Night of the Soul' released in 2010.Throughout his career Mark collaborated with thought provoking artists like Vic Chesnutt, Daniel Johnston, Tom Waits, Danger Mouse, and David Lynch.While Mark recorded in various studios, collaborating with other musicians and producers, he did much of his work in his home studio, Static King, often playing and recording everything on his own. He was "very much kind of a working-class guy with a very poetic sensibility, who was drawn to artists like himself, who worked in isolation, " said NPR Fresh Air's Ken Tucker.Sadly, Linkous struggled with drug addiction and depression throughout his life, and despite his untimely death, his music continues to be highly regarded and influential in the indie rock and alternative music scenes.
- It Will Never Stop
- Kind Ghosts
- Evening Star Supercharger
- O Child
- Falling Down
- I Fucked It Up
- Hello Lord
- Daddy's Gone
- Chaos of the Universe
- Listening to the Higsons
- Everybody's Gone to Sleep
- The Scull of Lucia
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.