Details: A defining album of the 90s, Last Splash by The Breeders turns 30 this year. To celebrate, the band have returned to the original tapes to give it it's first-ever remaster, and by doing so have also unearthed two lost tracks that will delight fans. Recorded by the 'classic' Breeders line-up of Kim Deal, Kelley Deal, Josephine Wiggs and Jim Macpherson and featuring singles 'Cannonball' and 'Divine Hammer', Last Splash was "an alt-rock classic" (Pitchfork's Top 100 Records of 1990s) on release; a fast seller too, quickly attaining Platinum status in the US. Despite having had the boxset treatment on it's 20th birthday, the album was still left to be remastered so 10 years on, the original ½" tapes were taken out of the archives and have been lovingly worked on by Kim Deal, Benjamin Mumphrey and Miles Showell (Abbey Road). Never sounding so good, the album for it's 30th anniversary, it's getting the ultimate vinyl pressing. Entitled Last Splash (the 30th Anniversary Original Analog Edition), this new version has been cut at half speed at Abbey Road by Miles Showell, now spanning two LPs and running at 45rpm. This edition contains an exclusive, one-sided etched 12" which features two previously unreleased tracks - 'Go Man Go' and 'Divine Mascis' ('Go Man Go' is a track that Kim co-wrote with Black Francis while 'Divine Mascis' is a different version of 'Divine Hammer' with Dinosaur Jr.'s J Mascis on lead vocals). Both tracks originate from the original sessions and were left forgotten until the sessions were exhumed to create this new master. The attention to detail continues to the album's art, which equally celebrates Vaughan Oliver's iconic sleeve. With Vaughan sadly no longer with us, his long-time design partner Chris Bigg has gloriously reimagined the album's sleeve for this new version.
- New Year 2023 Remaster
- Cannonball 2023 Remaster
- Invisible Man 2023 Remaster
- No Aloha 2023 Remaster
- Roi 2023 Remaster
- Do You Love Me Now? 2023 Remaster
- Flipside 2023 Remaster
- I Just Wanna Get Along 2023 Remaster
- Mad Lucas 2023 Remaster
- Divine Hammer 2023 Remaster
- S.O.S. 2023 Remaster
- Hag 2023 Remaster
- Saints 2023 Remaster
- Drivin' on 9 2023 Remaster
- Roi (reprise) 2023 Remaster
- Go Man Go
- Divine Mascis
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.