Details: Vinyl LP pressing. Pod is the debut album by alternative rock band The Breeders, released on 4AD in May 1990. The group began when the Pixies' Kim Deal and Throwing Muses' Tanya Donelly became friends in 1988 and decided they would like to create music together. Abandoning their initial idea of focusing on dance music, they recorded a country-influenced demo with musicians including violinist Carrie Bradley and bassist Ray Holiday in 1989. When 4AD cofounder Ivo Watts-Russellheard the demo, he offered them money to re-record the songs for an album release. For the album session, Steve Albini was engineer, Josephine Wiggs replaced Halliday on bass, Britt Walford played drums, and both Deal and Donelly played guitar. Following two weeks of practicing in England, The Breeders recorded Pod at the Palladium studio in Scotland. Albini recorded the group quickly, and focused more on getting good sounds from the musical equipment than on trying to improve the musicians' performances.
- Happiness Is a Warm Gun
- When I Was a Painter
- Fortunately Gone
- Only in 3's
- Lime House
- Metal Man
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.