Details: Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing. The Long Run is the sixth studio album by the American rock group The Eagles, it was released in 1979, on Asylum. Contains "I Can't Tell You Why," "Heartache Tonight," "Those Shoes" and more. The Long Run is the sixth studio album by the American rock group The Eagles, it was released in 1979, on Asylum in the United States and in the United Kingdom. This was the first Eagles album not to feature their founding member, Randy Meisner who was replaced by Timothy B. Schmit. This was the last studio album until 2007's Long Road Out of Eden (though four studio tracks were included on 1994's Hell Freezes Over) and the final studio album for Asylum Records. When released in September 1979, The Long Run debuted at #2 on Billboard's Pop Albums chart and a week later hit #1 dethroning Led Zeppelin's In Through the Out Door. It was their last #1 album of the 1970s, and reigned for eight weeks in the #1 slot. The Long Run has sold more than seven million copies to date in the U.S. (it was certified Gold and Platinum in early 1980 by the R.I.A.A.). The album generated three Top 10 singles, the chart-topping rocker "Heartache Tonight", the album's title cut, and the ballad "I Can't Tell You Why". Those singles reached #1, #8 and #8 respectively. The band also won a Grammy Award for "Heartache Tonight". Also featured on the record was "In the City", a song first recorded by their guitarist Joe Walsh for the movie soundtrack for The Warriors. "The Sad Cafe" (about the band's experiences at The Troubadour in Los Angeles) and "Those Shoes" also received substantial radio airplay.
- The Long Run Don Henley Glenn Frey Don Henley 3:42
- I Can't Tell You Why Timothy B. Schmit Henley Frey Timothy B. Schmit 4:56
- In the City Joe Walsh Barry de Vorzon Joe Walsh 3:46
- The Disco Strangler Don Felder Henley Frey Henley 2:46
- King of Hollywood Henley Frey Henley Frey 6:27
- Heartache Tonight Henley Frey Bob Seger J.D. Souther Frey 4:27
- Those Shoes Felder Henley Frey Henley 4:57
- Teenage Jail Henley Frey Souther Frey Henley 3:44
- The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks Henley Frey Henley 2:21
- The Sad Café Henley Frey Walsh Souther Henley 5:35
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.