Publisher: Sony Legacy
Details: Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing housed in a Stoughton tip-on sleeve. Recorded in a cold, amenity-free studio during the Midwestern winter of 1999, The White Stripes debut LP stands alone as the most raw, unpolished and "Detroit"-sounding recording The White Stripes would ever birth. They got their start on Bastille Day, 1996, when Meg started messing around on Jack's drum set, and Jack found it the most "liberating, refreshing" sound, like that of a lark. And so is her drumming, often called "primal" for it's simplicity. The once-married couple long-pretended to be siblings, and they seem to make the most of their partnership: they dress similarly, and only in shades of red, black or white. This debut EP is evocative of punk, metal, blues and arena rock, even as it meets all these marks in measured economy. And there's covers on here, too: Robert Johnson's "Stop Breakin' Down" and Bob Dylan's "One More Cup of Coffee." Both are haunting and very worth listening to.
1 Jimmy the Exploder
2 Stop Breaking Down
3 The Big Three Killed My Baby
4 Suzy Lee
5 Sugar Never Tasted So Good
6 Wasting My Time
- Side B -
1 Broken Bricks
2 When I Hear My Name
5 One More Cup of Coffee
6 Little People
7 Slicker Drips
8 St. James Infirmary Blues
9 I Fought Piranhas
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.