Details: New album by Taylor Kirk, Toronto, Canada based musician who has happily worked as a producer since the last album (2017). Now with "Lovage" there is new music of his own, which proves that Kirk has not only refined his working methods, but also skilfully combines different influences. Kirk developed "Lovage" in close collaboration with Michael Dubue at the producer's studio in Quyon, Quebec. Working together proved so fruitful that Dubue quickly joined the collective as keyboardist and vocalist, while Adam Bradley Schreiber completed the current line-up on drums and percussion. Together they harmonize the varied sound palette of Brian Wilson with the special melancholy of Leonard Cohen, but also Sun Ra, Dorothy Ashby and Alice Coltrane, as well as Italian singers like Pino Daniele and Paolo Conte, played a major role in it's creation, which might explain the new album's cinematic lightness. "Brian Wilson and Leonard Cohen are among many influences that have come to embody what music is to me," Kirk elaborates. The electronic elements and vintage synths that characterized the previous album also return on "Lovage", albeit with a more subtle touch. The tongue-in-cheek Timber Timbre humor mixed with the snarky, social commentary is particularly evident on album opener "Ask The Community," which the band is already sharing. "I have always been an introverted person, if not a little antisocial," explains Kirk. "And recently it occurred to me that if for some reason you wanted to see a dead body, you can simply ask the community.
- Shipping times are estimates, and transit times may vary. While we usually ship within one business day, please allow us up to 2 business days handling time for each shipment.
- Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are non-refundable.
- Flat-rate media mail shipping is intended for individual consumers and not bulk purchasing. We reserve the right to request additional payments for bulk purchases using our flat-rate shipping service.
- If you would like your pre-orders and in-stock items shipped separately, please order them separately. Otherwise, we will ship all items in your order when the last title is released!
- Street dates for pre-orders are tentative and are subject to change.
- Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
- Any duties, taxes and customs fees for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.
Domestic Returns (US Only): We stand by all of our products and offer a refund on all products within 30 days of purchase (excluding products marked as warehouse finds/no returns, bulk orders, or international orders). Returned items must be in the same condition they were sent. Shipping charges on all premium shipping options (non-media mail) are nonrefundable.
International Returns: Due to the cost of international shipping, we do not offer refunds, exchanges or returns on international orders. Every international order includes shipping insurance that covers both the purchase and shipping costs. In the event of a lost, delayed or damaged package, we will file an insurance claim on your behalf. If the claim is accepted by the insurance company, we will refund you the amount offered in the claim. If the insurance claim is rejected, no refund will be provided.
Bulk Order Returns (Purchases including 3 or more of same item): Shipping on bulk orders is nonrefundable. Customers with bulk orders are responsible for all return shipping costs as well as a 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount.